Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Free and very Safe: Use avast free antivirus to protect your PC and save your Money

"dadiOH" wrote:
"Bob F" wrote in message

wrote:
Hi Friends I am using avast! Free Antivirus to protect
my PC and it serves me very well. Give it a try at

If Avast is doing this kind of spam, it might be time to
switch to something else.

I'm pretty sure Avast! hasn't hired some guy named Selvam to post junk via
Google groups. What it is that Selvam links to, I have no idea and am not
about to find out.

It turns out that while the spam is not actually coming from Avast, the
company is encouraging it.

Avast users can create a personal link, "Share the unique link via social
networks or email" and get a free upgrade to another Avast product when a
certain number of installs are done via the personal link.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=110643.0

I've voiced my displeasure in the Avast forum, stating that I don't know if
I will continue to recommend Avast to family and friends, something I've
done countless times over the last few years