Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default What do you use for mouse/rat poison (Bromethalin, Brodifacoum,Bromadiolone, Chlorophacinone, or Diphacinone)?

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 15:19:35 -0800, Oren wrote:

No chemical repellents are registered for rat control. There is no
sound evidence that products sold as general animal repellents are
effective in repelling rats."

After reading that, I googled some of the poisons and found two very
interesting points.

1. Get your bare poisons now, because in California, it's illegal for
them to sell them. They can only use up their current stocks (according
to the store owner I just called). The EPA apparently has outlawed
bare poison blocks.
http://www.ipmnet.org/tim/pesticide_...n_Measures.pdf

2. There are apparently only 10 "registered" rodenticides in the US:
http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/reregist...skdecision.htm

3. Of those ten, here is a comparison (although the EPA said they all work):
http://www.qcsupply.com/media/pdf/li...Comparison.pdf

So, I'm still trying to figure out which is the best, but, it looks
like after a month or so, it won't matter because I won't be able
to get the raw blocks in the store once their supply runs out.