Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Anybody here using brushless RC motors?

On 12/2/2013 6:18 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message

A 20mm diameter motor thats rated at 330 watts! Of course the motor
would melt if not kept cool. Maybe I should connect a coolant hose
and
run LN2 from a thermos through the thing.
Eric

Coffee-cup-sized Segway motors can deliver something like 1 HP
continuously without air cooling. They are completely enclosed in a
tight space and lose heat only through their mounting flange.

http://forums.segwaychat.org/archive...hp/t-9400.html
Doug Field, near the bottom, was Segway's chief engineer. The factory
is isolated and it's unlikely an imposter would know that we were
outside flying planes at lunch.

Yeah right.
Like my vacuum cleaner really has a 5 HP motor.
It says so on the side!