Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.com is offline

Default WW Christmas present

snipped

Yeah, and my all time favorites, Tinker Toys and the Erector Sets

Agreed but Legos pretty much killed them. It's pretty easy to see why.

Tinker Toys-NO, Erector Sets-YES, Lincoln Logs-YES, Legos--BOO! ; )

I always thought Lincoln Logs were boring. We had blocks that used to
be radio crystal cases (about 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 3/4") in WWII. I We
must have had 10,000 of them that my father got from scrap. My
brother built a "model" of the Empire State Building that was about 9'
tall. Great fun.
I had the most fun with the Tinker Toys. I had a bunch of them, too.
I had a small Erector set but they were too expensive. Legos came too
late. Well, they weren't for my son. "Lego my Legos" ;-)

I seem to remember the meccano/erector sets were -
- quite expensive - back in the day..
... then when shopping for my kids - Lego seemed expensive !
... but it was still there, under the tree, at Christmas.

.... but I do get a little peeved at Chinese Lincoln Logs !
John T.