Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I invented a 2-phase DC battery pack

On 12/01/2013 09:57 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

[snip]

Today's young engineers hardly do manual calculations. They just tap the
keys on computer. When I showed my son old slide ruler i used to use,
the look on his face....He is a consulting engineer in civil.

I remember the first class I had in trigonometry. Most of the time, the
teacher was going around helping students find the (sin / cos / tan)
keys on their calculators. There was nothing said about what
trigonometry is, or why you'd want to use it (other than passing that test).

--
23 days until The winter celebration (Wednesday December 25, 2013 12:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Science is a first-rate piece of furniture for a man's upper chamber,
if he has common sense on the ground floor." [Oliver Wendell Holmes]