Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair

Default beware of the updates you install

"sctvguy1" wrote in message ...

Leave him to his Windows or Mac, you are only poking a bear.
I, myself, use PCLinuxOS, have since 2008. Before that, OS/2,
never Windows. You're ****ing in the wind with this guy.

Am I supposed to demonstrate my intelligence and wisdom by publicly announcing
that I will abandon Windows on the basis of statements from people who know
ever so much more than I do?

I have yet to hear a /good/ reason why I should switch to Linux (or the Mac,
for that matter). And I mean a /good/ one. If Linux is categorically better
than Windows or the Mac OS, you should have no difficulty convincing me and
others.

I can just imagine your reaction if I visited your homes and suggested you
throw out whatever speakers you currently own and buy QUADs or Martin-Logans.