Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default I invented a 2-phase DC battery pack

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 10:31:09 -0500, Emma Genius
wrote:

Here's what my genius mind came up with.

First I obtained a standard D-cell battery pack that holds 2 batteries in series.

Next I installed a center tap between the two batteries in the battery pack.

So now I have a series battery pack with three terminals:

L1 is the (-) negative terminal on battery A
N is the center or neutral tap between battery A and B
L2 is the (+) positive terminal on battery B

So to prove I have 2-phase DC, I connected a dual-trace oscilloscope as follows:

The reference leads from both probes were connected to the center neutral tap.
Probe A was connected to L1
Probe B was connected to L2

As I expected, the scope showed a 1.5 volt positive phase trace and a 1.5 volt negative phase trace.

Clearly I have 3 volt 2 phase DC.

The only thing left to do is submit my paper to IEEE.

Ok, now do this. Take two 12 volt car batteries. Center tap just like
you did. Put two starters on your engine. One starter will go
clockwise. the other will go counter-clockwise. Have them both turn at
the same time, and your engine wont start! How is that for genius?