Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex[_13_] Alex[_13_] is offline

Default I invented a 2-phase DC battery pack

On 12/1/2013 9:31 AM, Emma Genius wrote:

Here's what my genius mind came up with.

First I obtained a standard D-cell battery pack that holds 2
batteries in series.

Next I installed a center tap between the two batteries in the
battery pack.

So now I have a series battery pack with three terminals:

L1 is the (-) negative terminal on battery A N is the center or
neutral tap between battery A and B L2 is the (+) positive terminal
on battery B

So to prove I have 2-phase DC, I connected a dual-trace oscilloscope
as follows:

The reference leads from both probes were connected to the center
neutral tap. Probe A was connected to L1 Probe B was connected to L2

As I expected, the scope showed a 1.5 volt positive phase trace and a
1.5 volt negative phase trace.

Clearly I have 3 volt 2 phase DC.

The only thing left to do is submit my paper to IEEE.

Connect a vibrator from an old tube type car radio and with the proper transformer and circuitry, you can make AC voltage.

There was a time when the word "vibrator" described an integral component of vehicle mounted tube type electronic equipment. ^_^

TDD

Would that be single or 2 phase AC?