Posted to alt.home.repair
jullian browne jullian browne is offline

Default Thermocople or gas valve problem

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:03:38 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/1/2013 2:49 PM, jullian browne wrote:

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 1:05:36 PM UTC-5, jullian browne wrote:

I just installed a new thermostat and my furnace is blowing cold air. My pilot light is on but it still not heating up. My furnace is a clare hecla and the model # is G126-LB-C.

No it wasnt working thats y we thought it was the thermostat, when it originally went always had to take the thermosat off take the batteries out and put them back in to reset it thats y we replaced it. Now i just cleaned all the dust in the furnace abd its still not coming on but the pilot light stays lit.

Thermocouples are cheap and readily available. I'd start there as they

fail far more often than gad valves.

if my pilot light is on can my thermocople still be out. Also someone said something about maybe a limit switch has been tripprd