Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Cedar Cladding

In message , Tim Watts
writes
On Sunday 01 December 2013 15:19 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Hi,

I am planning a new extension on my house, and this will include some
cedar cladding.

I believe there is a range of different wood/supplier qualities. If any of
you have knowledge of this topic, I would appreciate tips on which makes
are good, or bad.

The cladding will (I reckon) be nailed or screwed to treated battens fixed
to blockwork. What things need to be considered in this fixing method?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Western red is probably the one you want to ask for.

I chose that for my gutterboards (being something that gets wet, is
difficult to paint effectively and a ******* to replace).

Also, if you intend to paint, do it before you fit the boards or do it
again when they have shrunk!

--
Tim Lamb