Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_3_] basilisk[_3_] is offline

Default weathered wood, thanksgiving and Bill's unisaw

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 15:30:54 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 11/30/2013 3:25 PM, basilisk wrote:
Dang I stay gone a few days and Bill gets a Unisaw- Congrats.

I skipped out to Florida for Thanksgiving and all the associated
festivities that go with it.

In my traveling around I came upon this is Carrabelle, FL,
no chainsaw, no pickum up truck and no backhoe, all I left with was
pictures.

I like this sort of stuff and the pictures don't do this field of gold
justice.

http://www.woodwrangler.net/beachwood.html

As someone who was raised with cypress knee lamps everywhere you looked
in S Louisiana, this makes me feel right at home.

No doubt, even in AL the cypress thing was over done,
tables with knees for legs, lamps, and clocks from slabs complete
with bondo'ed up cracks.
Invariably covered with epoxy pour on finish a half inch thick.
I even worked for a place that produced this crap, the first
piece I saw, I liked, it wore off rapidly after that.

basilisk