Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bill - get out of the garage - it's time to go to sleep...

"Bill" wrote:

I took another look at the OEM splitter. It appears to sit quite a
bit further back from the blade than the Biesmeyer (78-961) would.
If I understand correctly, one doesn't get the choice of using any
blade guard with the 78-961 splitter.

The OEM supplied splitter/blade guard/anti-kick-back supplied by Delta
almost begs you not to use it.

It reminds me of a horse as designed by a committee, a CAMEL.

I finally got rid of the clear plastic blade guard and got some usage
as a splitter/anti-kick-back device.

Lew