patriarch

Default Newbie question: How to make finger joint cut

(Scott Kuhn) wrote in
om:

Charles, Thanks for the info.

I may not have explained what I'm trying to do clearly enough. In my
case, I want to remove the rectangle all the way thru the whole
thickness of the board. Is it still a rabbet in this case?

snippage

I'm guessing that the limitations of ASCI art, and relative unfamiliarity
with terminology, are going to be a problem which continues for a little
while.

You have one pretty good book - let me suggest another: Taunton's
"Complete Illustrated Guide to Joinery", by Gary Rogowski, published
withing the last 18 months or so. Well written, tons of process photos,
and almost every conceivable means of safely producing common and not-so-
common woodworking joints.

It will cost you about 20% of the price of the router you're likely to be
shopping for next, by the way. For that, see
www.patwarner.com for some of
the best information you could want.

Have fun with this. There are friends here.

Patriarch