Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Bill - get out of the garage - it's time to go to sleep...

On 11/29/2013 6:52 PM, Swingman wrote:
wrote:

BTW, the nut will always fall down into the sawdust below. Once you
get dust collection set up, you'll have to disconnect it all, at least
three times a day to fetch the nut out of the bottom. It's in the
cards.

Another reason why I like a left tilt - standing to the left side of the
saw while changing the blade, instead of in front of the blade, decreases
your chances of dropping either the nut, or the flange, by about 50%.

Not much, but I'll take what I can get.

So I was finishing up on what ever a week or so ago and dropped the
BLACK nut in side the BLACK innerds of my SawStop.

And while it is a left tilt the "large" access door is on the right
under the extension table.

I have dropped the nut once before and I know that it is a 50/50 chance
of dropping into the dust chute or in to the BLACK innerds of the saw.
So I crawl down there with a flash light that has dead batteries and
cant see s____ because of the BLACK innerds of the TS. I wiggle the
dust hose and hear nothing. I feel around inside the BLACK bowels of
the TS and feel nothing. Out of the corner of my eye I see a BLACK lump
inside the front corner of the motor cover door. Sure enough that is
the nut. The nut dropped, bounced off the dust hose, did a triple sow
cow and landed in the door. What the heck are the chances.... Well the
chances are now, 33/33/33/1, not sure about the 1 yet.

So feeling right proud of myself for actually finding the nut where it
should not have been at all, I stand back up walk over to remove the
flange washer and, wait for it, wait for it, yup you guessed it. The
flange washer fell deep down into the BLACK innerds of the TS.

Now I know I have a 33/33/33/1 chance of it being in 4 different places.
Back down I go on my hands and knees crawl inside and rattle the dust
hose and sure enough that is where it landed. Fortunately that thing
comes off real easy. Unfortunately my arm does not real fit in that
hose... After a While I did get it off and got the washer out.

I put the nut and washer on top of the saw, removed the blade and went
inside for the night.

BTY I was standing to the left of the blade, wait for it, wait for it,

TWO TIMES!!! eh Rovert?