Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Bill - get out of the garage - it's time to go to sleep...

Swingman wrote:
wrote:

Mine is left-tilt. also. If I stand on the left side I'd have to
reach across the blade. That's a pretty awkward position, compared
with standing in front.

Nothing awkward about it ... allows you to get both hands in front of you
and equally into play. Try it a few times, before you knock it.

Then again, I learned a long time ago that you don't need to raise the
blade to the full height to change it.

With the blade lowered to about half height, or less, there is more than
enough room for two LARGE hands. I generally put the index finger of the
left hand on the end of the arbor shaft, after the the nut is placed with
the right hand, and before turning it ... haven't dropped an arbor nut that
way in ten years, more or less.

Particular handy position when mounting a dado set.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)