Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Bill - get out of the garage - it's time to go to sleep...

woodchucker wrote:
On 11/29/2013 12:09 PM, Bill wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

Save lots of money for that Forrest WWII blade... You won't regret it.
BTW first get a good blade and learn to use your saw.

Once you are really familiar with it, then by the Forrest. Don't make
mistakes with a blade like that... it's too nice.. but expensive too.

Besides trying to saw through a nail, the fence, the miter guage, or
dropping the blade on the floor--what other mistakes would damage the
blade?
Of course, I'm not planning to start off with a $100+ blade for practice
anyway.

Until you become familiar your feed rate is a learning process too
slow you burn the blade.

I knew you could burn the wood. I didn't think about "burning" the blade.

Don't feed correctly you can bend the plate during a kick back.

Well, we are NOT going to have any kick back!

Trust me until you are moderately familiar there are stupid things
that can be done...

I don't doubt you for a second.

But a reasonable blade on it, then upgrade it after making some
sawdust. just my opinion, a soft recommendation.

Ask Lew, I'm not the sort that has lots of extra hundred dollar bills to
toss around! The saw came with a sharp blade on it, and with no wrench!
The best way to proceed seems evident. : )

Bill

BTW do make an outfeed table.. you'll be glad you did.