Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Bill - get out of the garage - it's time to go to sleep...

On 11/29/2013 11:53 AM, Bill wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
On 11/29/2013 1:26 AM, Bill wrote:
Admittedly I did look into the garage before bed last night and 2 or 3
times today just to make sure the saw was okay...

Glad you didn't tuck it in...

I'm uploading some pics of a home made splitter.
Works great, 5 minutes of work.
Has never caused a problem for me.
Save lots of money for that Forrest WWII blade... You won't regret it.
BTW first get a good blade and learn to use your saw.

Once you are really familiar with it, then by the Forrest. Don't make
mistakes with a blade like that... it's too nice.. but expensive too.

See http://imgur.com/a/wLzRs#0 for a simple splitter.
it's just a piece of aluminum (could be steel), with a hole drilled,
then cut a slot to the hole so it slips on w/o removing the screw.

How is that splitter (fundamentally) different than this one that came
with the saw, except that its attached to the blade guard? Maybe you
are not aware that I have it now? Please see the bottom of the page at
the following link:

http://web.newsguy.com//MySite/Splitter.pdf

Because you will want an outfeed table. It makes it much easier and
safer to work rather than having the wood you are cutting tip toward the
floor and you reaching over the blade.

With an outfeed table you don't want the back support. It requires you
to remove too much of the table to tilt your blade. Just remove the rear
support rod.

--
Jeff