Mutt

Default Cannot find cheap compass for scribing...

General (the company that makes rulers, dowel jigs, etc, not the CN
green iron folks) makes a compass that is fairly robust, has a
threaded cross rod with a nut, and works better than the grade school
compasses you can get for $1.50 at OfficeMax or Walmart. I paid $5
for mine a few years back at a wood show. I think Lowes or the Borg
carries the line.

Mutt

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message ers.com...
Dear All,

I am trying to find one of those cheap ass compasses like I used in high
school geometry to scribe a cabinet to a wall. Think I can find one
anywhere? All I can find are high end ones with things pointing out of them
that would make them impossible to scribe with.

Any ideas where I can get one? Any better ways to scribe a cabinet to a
wall?

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/