Brian

Default Problems Drilling Holes - Installing New Cabinet Pulls

Hi all,

I am in the final stages of refacing my cabinets. Now I am attempting
to install new cabinet pulls/handles. Problem is no matter how much I
seem to measure I can't seem to get the holes to line up properly.
Some of this has to do with how straight (or NOT straight) the holes I
drill end up being since I am using a handheld drill. I do not have
access to a drill press. I know that building a jig would be a great
help also (haven't really gotten that far yet).

My main concern is the fact that it is very hard to drill a perfectly
straight hole with a handheld drill. Since I don't have access to a
drill press which would probably help this problem, does anyone have
any advice as to what is the best way to get the best results with a
handheld drill? Are there attachments or special bits I can buy?

Keep in mind that I am a complete novice at this woodworking business!
I'm fairly handy but this project seems to call for a level accuracy
that I had not previously had to deal with...

Thanks!

Brian

Anything you can suggest would be great!