Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grounding a telephone line.

On 11/27/2013 10:14 PM, wrote:
When the phone company installed my outdoor phone connection box, they
installed a separate ground rod. But the one for my electric panel is
50 feet away. I'm running my own phone line from my house to another
building at quite a distance. I intend to install another outdoor box
with built in lightning protection. (same as the one from the phone
company). The ground rod from my electric service is 6 feet away. Is
there any reason not to use the same rod? It dont seem to make much
sense to drive in another rod.

Note: I intend to also ground a tv antenna to it.

I'd use it. Sounds reasonable, to me.

--
..
Christopher A. Young