Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

"Tim Ratbag"

Phil Allison wrote:

OR the same electrons create a magnetic field ( by simply flowing at that

very slow rate) that produces mechanical force on the rotor of an electric

motor. Electrical energy is transferred to mechanical work.

If this is the case, and I have no reason to doubt it grin then the
mechanical force goes in both directions. It must act on the moving
electron at exactly the same force as it does on the rotor. Surely
electrons moving at an inch per hour are not exempt from Newton's second
law. And as F=ma, the electron must slow under that force.

** Inductance reduces current flow as does any back emf.

Hmm. I said I have no reason to doubt it, but that implies that the kinetic
energy of the electron is dependent only on the slow forward motion

** Look - you are simply not interested in facts.

Your constant over snipping and argumentative tone proves that.

No-one wants to read or debate YOUR mad ideas.

..... Phil