Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

On 11/27/13 4:41 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:58:04 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/27/2013 10:42 AM, Ed wrote:
On 11/27/2013 10:21 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/27/2013 10:12 AM, Ed wrote:

It is not two phase, it is a single phase sin wave.

AC current changes direction 120 times per second.

So, 60 cycles per second changes 120 times?

Yes, reference a 60 hz AC sin wave. It changes direction twice per cycle.

I'm a church going man. Won't have sin wave in my house!

Come on. Everyone knows that a sine wave and it changes sign twice
per cycle. ;-)

And that reminds me of the song Signs by the Five Man Electrical
Band.