Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Motor oil

stryped wrote:
I have a 2013 Silverado with the 5.3 and 4,500 miles. I am wondering
what is the best motor oil? Not just guessing, are there studies that
are not biased that indicate one is better than the other?

My truck requires "special" oil is what someone told my father who
has an identical truck. However, I think he may be referring to the
"dexos 1" designation GM requires for their vehicles. I am not sure.

Also, does anyone know what the recommended weight is for this
vehicle?

I appreciate it!

No "best oil" exists. You use the oil that meets the spec. for the
engine in both weight and type.

In this case it's 5W-30 that meets the Dexos 1 standard. There are a LOT
of them.

http://centerforqa.com/index.php?opt...31&It emid=74

--
Steve W.