Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.security.alarms
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:16:21 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

You should. That Omron relay contats can be open or closed.
Is it NO or NC relay? Is the coil good? Have you metered them out?
What is the findings? Did you looked up the specs. of that very common
relay?

Since the D135A is to protect the battery, I assumed it's not
actually *required* for operation.

So, I concentrated first, and foremost on replacing the AC power
supply.

Luckily, that worked!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7440/1...e09daa9a_o.gif

Sort of ...
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3765/1...d907e787_o.gif

My next step is to replace the battery.

If I were a repair technician, I'd have all these parts in stock,
but I don't, so, it takes me a while to get them from the
manufacturer.

PS: The application calls for a 12V, 5AH to 7 AH gel cell.
Assuming I get something in that range, are they all pretty much
alike, or are there caveats to buying these gel cells?