Terry King

Default How to charge for your work

In article i8rFc.42708$Yu.10061@fed1read04, says...
I got a prospective client who would like their maple lobby desk refinished.
I'm not really sure what to charge.

The 'consulting' price I charge for professional work of any type is
"What Sears Roebuck charges in your area to 'fix your washer'. "

This is automatically adjusted for different areas of the country and
inflation! And it's hard to argue with. Here is rural Vermont it's
about $45 per hour. Just call Sears in your area and find out.

I use this for Professional Photography, Music Mixing and Editing, CD
artwork production, welding, repairing Broadcast Transmitters etc...

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

"The one who dies with the most parts LOSES! What do you need??"