Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for remote wall switch

On 11/24/2013 9:08 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:58:29 -0600, amdx wrote:

On 11/24/2013 1:52 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:33:02 -0600, amdx wrote:

I want the new switch and
it's remote to work as a *THREE way switch, meaning, I can turn the
light on or off from the other switch no matter what position the first
is in. Also, I just recalled this this already is a three way circuit,
one switch is hidden behind the refrigerator.

Z-wave 3 way switch
http://www.smarthome.com/59464/GE-45614-Z-Wave-3-Way-On-Off-Kit/p.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vguVa58PGI

Same warning, "The device controlled by this Z-Wave switch must not
exceed 600 watts (Incandescent); 15 Amps, 1800W (Resistive);
or ½ HP (Motor)."
I found lots of remote controls (tv type) but not a normal wall mount
flip switch.

Did you look at the above Smarthome URL? It's a wall mount switch.
All Z-wave saves you in this case is having to run an extra wire
between switches to make it 3-way.

I'm using a CFL, until I change it.
Mikek

It would be VERY helpful if you would supply a list of requirements
and constraints for your project.

Sorry, I think I needed educating before I knew what the requirements
and constraints of my project were!
I consider myself appropriately chastised.
But, I'll probably make the same mistake again. :-/

Mikek