Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

"Jim Wilkins" on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 07:37:57
"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .

I have noticed, over the years, that the simplest instructions are
usually the most difficult or time consumptive. Make grade 8 ball
bearings. Build a wing in 3D space in CATIA. Put a canal across
the
Isthmus of Panama. Send men to the moon and bring them back in the
next decade. Change the timing belt.
--
pyotr filipivich

I thought $600 to change a timing belt was robbery until I did the job
myself.

Don't ask ...

The one time - I took it to a shop, left it after work (and I
worked nights). Got up the next day, walked over - and was informed
that it had broken just as they tried to get my truck into the shop.
I'd say that was pretty much maximizing the useful life of the part.

--
pyotr filipivich