John

Default Cannot find cheap compass for scribing...

For scribing, a pencil and a washer will do a very good job. Pencil
in the hole in the washer, then run the edge of the washer against the
surface you want to scribe to

Vary the size of the washer to vary the offset from the scribing
surface

John

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:52:16 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
ers.com...
Dear All,

I am trying to find one of those cheap ass compasses like I used in high
school geometry to scribe a cabinet to a wall. Think I can find one
anywhere? All I can find are high end ones with things pointing out of

them
that would make them impossible to scribe with.

Any ideas where I can get one? Any better ways to scribe a cabinet to a
wall?

I'll swap you mine for a good one. Yesterday I was cursing my cheap one and
if the stores were open I'd have bought the high priced quality compass.
It's your if you want it, but Wal Mart is probably closer.
Ed