Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dedicated dripping faucet?

On 11/26/2013 9:09 AM, Snag wrote:

I've heard that hay bales around the skirting
helps a LOT, in keeping the cold wind out from
under your trailer. I should do some thing
here, but suspect that hay bales won't be
accepted by the management.

I skirted this place with 1" foam building insulation . Helps a lot .

SM: That sounds wise. I should do that. i've also
considered that I can get free cardboard, all I
want. I've toyed with the idea of nail and staple
cardboard up from under. Not sure how humid it is
under, the cardboard might all turn to mildew.

I also cover all the windows with clear plastic - though the biggest problem
is that the aluminum windows have no thermal break in the frames , so they
sweat no matter what if it's cold out .

SM: when it was cold the other night, my outer
panes had frost, from my indoor humidifier. Seems
like there has to be some way to put some foam on
your window frames, to keep the cold out.

I have a 250w halogen light under
there to help keep it above freezing so the
holding tanks don't freeze which
also makes the floor a little warmer .

SM: That runs up your electric bill. But, what you
going to do? Better than freeze damage. In my old
advanced elderly, decrepit age, I get cold feet easy.
I've got a couple extra carpet samples in key places
like next to the bed. Helps me in my struggle to keep
my feet warm. I discovered this by accident, one time.
I was living in a masonry building with cement floor.
one foot was warm, and the other was cold. I looked,
and found the warm foot was on double carpet, the cold
foot was on single carpet.

--
..
Christopher A. Young