Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

On Monday, November 25, 2013 8:36:34 PM UTC-5, Carson Vos wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:44:45 -0800, wrote:

I never said I would call the service 2 phase.

Well thank God we finally agree it is single phase service.

Again, the disagreement started when the simple statement was
made that the two hot legs on a 240v/120v service are 180 deg
OUT OF PHASE WITH EACH OTHER. That is absolutely true. The discussion
was *not* about what it's called. And technically, it's called a "split-phase
service".

I'm still waiting for even one of you alleged experts to give us
your definition of "phase" in electrical engineering.