Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

Gunner Asch on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:33:52 -0800
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:09:48 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

And for the most part a majority in this thread! LOL. There are a few
that may not be and rightfully so but just because I drive a Maserati does
not mean I use it to it's limits. The Camry works just fine and in many
practical ways out performs the Maserati.

Far be it for me to criticize you Leon (you do good work) but I just can not
visualize you in a Camry.

But your point is well taken.

Reminds me of a job I did years ago. I was working with corporate
publications and was hired to figure out the best way to send out
publications to a select group that needed updates on a semiregular basis.
I checked out several types of binding and distribution. My conclusion? 3
ring binders! I got them in contact with a source to make them up some
binders and dividers.. And it was a success. They just copied the
material on 3 hole sheets and sent it out. Simple. And better than any
other alternative. Simple trumps complicated crap every time. Particularly
if it gets the job done quick and easily.

True indeed. On the other hand..simple isnt always "simple"

Build a grade 8 ball bearing.

Its simple.

Then do a grade 9

It too is simple...

Grin

I have noticed, over the years, that the simplest instructions are
usually the most difficult or time consumptive. Make grade 8 ball
bearings. Build a wing in 3D space in CATIA. Put a canal across the
Isthmus of Panama. Send men to the moon and bring them back in the
next decade. Change the timing belt.
--
pyotr filipivich