Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Nikon Capture.

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message ...
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...
"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message ...

I have never suggested that placing a lens in front of a webcam
lens is the same as reversing the webcam's lens.

You can get the same effect by simply holding the lens
reversed in front of any digital camera lens.

Hello? Knock, knock, knock.

Err, what part of that has anything to do with reversing a webcam's lens?
You are not making a lot of sense, other than displaying your obvious
conclusion jumping.

This discussion started with my (incorrect) claim that it would not be easy
reverse the lens on a (presumably inexpensive) Webcam. I was wrong.

Lens reversal was commonly used to get closeups without having to buy a
macro
lens -- or even a set of plus lenses. The problem, though, is that you don't
have a wide range of focus with a reversed lens.

The discussion got out of hand.

OK, shake hands then.