Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:36:07 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:43:23 -0800, wrote:

As has been explained a dozen times now, there is a complete
circuit and under normal conditions, the earth is *not* part of
it. You continue to ignore the *neutral" and the fact that with
a balanced 3 phase load, the entire current flows in the 3 phase
conductors.

Let's stop arguing *our* viewpoints and come up with references.

It is *NOT* a viewpoint. It is a fact.

I found a half dozen references which said the ground is the
return path to the power company, including one physics forum.

They're wrong.

Let's now try to find a reference that refutes that.

You already have.

Specifically, let's find a reference that says the ground is
*not* the return path to the power company.

Note: It will likely be easy to find references that don't
state either, so, the important point is to find a reference
that specifically says the ground is *not* the return path.