Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:43:23 -0800, wrote:

That isn't an alternate way of thinking, it's
just wrong.

Again, I don't think we'll get anywhere with you saying it's wrong,
and me saying they're both right. We can repeat ourselves until we're
blue in the face, and we'll get nowhere toward the correct answer.

We clearly showed multiple references, some of them from schools and
physics forums, which clearly stated the ground is the return path
back to the power company. This may or may not be true, but, we
can certainly find people stating that this is the case.

But, maybe all those web sites & physics forums are wrong.

If we are to learn the truth, what we need is simply a reliable
reference that says the ground is *not* the return path.

Clearly LOTS of people think it is (I certainly do, and so do the
half dozen scientific, howto, and physics web sites I referenced).

So, if they're all wrong (and they just might be), then there should
be a reference that says that this is wrong. Right?

So, if it is really "nonsense" that the ground is the return path
to the power company, then we should be able to find a reference
that says that.

Don't you think?
I googled, but didn't find it.

Maybe someone else can? (I'm not wedded to an opinion; I only wish for
the truth).