Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Slow down Dremel

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:30:43 -0800, David Harmon
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:08:29 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking, "Stumpy" wrote,
I've ordered a Moto Tool pedal to operate my 1.25Amp single speed Dremel.

My favorite:
http://www.harborfreight.com/router-...rol-43060.html

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I've bought a few old Singer sewing machine pedals at garage sales,
usually still attached to the sewing machine for about 5 to 10 bucks.
Work great with the Dremel and the Foredom. Some require a bit of
screwing about to get the wires to feed where you want them, while
others have a "plug" affair that adapts quickly and easily.

Some are with a metal case, some are with a phenolic (which for some
reason I prefer). They seem to have been made for pretty much daily
use (at least).

My Foredom is kinda "put it where you want it" and screw around to get
it hung in a useful position, and mostly used "away" from the bench.
The "main" Dremel is mounted overhead on a sort of drawer slide with a
hook for the Dremel motor and a wedge affair to hang the flex
shaft/hand-piece. In use, pull it 18 inches forward toward the front
of the bench and lift the hand-piece and flex shaft free to hang down,
and then reverse to get it out of the way when finished. Works a
treat for me.

I have not tried it yet, mostly due to lack of room, but a friend has
5 Dremel's (without flex shafts) hanging on hooks just below the
bench, and all are plugged into the same power bar which is fed from
the single foot-pedal. Each Dremel has a different "bit" chucked up,
and to use you select the one you want and turn the switch to high and
away you go. Don't forget to turn it to OFF when done, although where
they hang when not in use is away from where it could get in trouble
if you did forget. Works well for him. I might give it a try someday.

Take care.

Brian Lawson

Brian Lawson.

---