Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default 2-phase mains power in the USA?

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:29:02 -0500, Patty wrote:

IIRC, current carrying (line and neutral) conductors in a conduit must be insulated.

I don't disagree.

It seems to me that if the load is imbalanced on circuit A versus circuit B
(which is almost certainly likely to happen at some time or another), then
there *will* be current in the neutral. Period.

If there is current, and if there is resistance, there is a potential. Period.

So, it seems to me, it's a mighty good idea to insulate the neutral.
Clearly mine is well insulated.

It would be nice to see pictures from other typical homeowners in the USA
as to whether theirs is insulated or not.