Andy Hall

Default Combi boiler - long wait to get hot water

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:04:24 -0000, "ChrisJ"
wrote:

We had our old boiler exchanged for a combi and its great having hot water
whenever you want it and our gas bills have reduced. However the problem I
find is that if I just want to wash my hands or rinse a cup out I have to
run the water for about 30 seconds to a minute before warm water comes
through. I'm not sure how our washing machine copes. Is it just our
boiler? None of the pipe runs are particularly long. Once the hot water is
through its great.

Anyway..

We are about to move to a house where they have a normal boiler that we
would like to replace so that we can remove the header tank in order to
enable us to convert the loft more easily, free up space in a cupboard where
the hot water storage tank is and so we can have instant hot water again.
However it would be nice to have 'instant' hot water rather than having to
run so much cold water away. Is there a way to do this? Is it possible to
fit a small hot water storage tank that would suffice for hand washing/
rinsing cups etc that is topped up by the combi?

ChrisJ

A small electric undersink heater with storage could be a good
solution for that.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl