Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

jim fired this volley in
:

But that doesn't mean it is sloppy. It just
means it is not as easy to hit the exact numbers you may want as
in other programs that cater to people who want models driven
by precise numerical inputs instead of mouse actions.

You hit it right on the head. That's why it's not suitable as CAD, even
though it's an extremely useful system for visual presentation.

And although I might not have made it clear... that was my whole point on
base-1.

Except that what you quoted as justification for your "whole point" is
incorrect, therefore you're still wrong.

With SketchUp, "precise numerical inputs" can be input to the same
precision as AutoCAD, by simply using the keyboard.

Try again ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net