Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Monday, November 25, 2013 2:42:08 AM UTC-5, Danny D'Amico wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 05:59:05 -0800, wrote:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/1...4f8a7d31_o.gif

I think you're screwed. But I like the meter. I have the same one,

going on 30 years now.

Yeah. I've blown the 'bar' inside for the 10A fuse (my fault) and,

I've had to replace the disc-shaped battery once (or twice?) but

mine has to be from the early or mid 80s and it's still going

strong.

It's strange that all three things are bad:

1. The power transformer secondary blew open

2. The battery-tender capacitor overheated

3. The main circuit board isn't working

I wonder what my options are ...

If you can verify that the board has proper power on it from
a battery and it's still not working, I'd say it's time to buy
a new panel. You can get them for $150 or so.