Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Curtain rail - corded or not?

In message , Tim Watts
writes
On Sunday 24 November 2013 23:09 robgraham wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Thanks Tim - I went to check what was in this window at the moment and
found an Al extrusion and nylon runners. The bends were R=17cm, so 7cm is
really tight.

Out of interest did you use the wheeled runners or the nylon slides, and
the site is advertising a Universal bracket but it's not in the drop down
box ?

Wheeled runners.

What I like is that it is infinitely adaptable and doesn't wobble around
like plastic. It's also smoother than any plastic I've come across.

Yes, I didn't use that, but another version of aluminium curtain track
when I replaced one in our house, and yes it's lovely and rigid and
smooth. and hopefully will stay so longer. Any new replacements will be
similar.

As to the OP, we have corded rails in some of our windows, nothing with
such a sharp bend though - 45 degree bays.

The corded arrangement was working fine. though we now have some
failures, the weak bit being the little bit of gubbins where the
vertical cord goes horizontal. There are little plastic wheels and
things in there which have just got to worn - suspect these are probably
at least 20 years old though.

Waiting for a roundtuit or two

--
Chris French