Ron Magen

Default Titebond III Does not Perform

Brian,
Try epoxy.

If you buy a 'quart kit' of WEST Epoxy {by Gueogeon Brothers} from a local
West Marine {NOT the same company}, it may seem expensive - due to the small
quantity. HOWEVER, it has SO MANY uses and abilities you will probably
wonder how you got along without it.

There are several 'mail order' sources as well. I use RAKA, from the company
of the same name in Florida. I am a 'small user' and get quantities of 3
gallons at a time. Another good outfit is System Three - they have an
EXCELLENT free booklet on the 'theory & practice' of using epoxies. Well
worth contacting them for it.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{PS - I also use Titebond II in many places where epoxy is either not
necessary, or I want something to simply 'squirt, smear, & clamp'. I use it
for the 'garden projects' & 'Nautically Themed' planters, etc. that stay
outdoors throughout the year. I've yet to have a 'glue failure'. }

wrote in message
On 11 Jul 2004 15:07:40 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)

wrote:

Brian Jones writes:

I was just about to buy a gallon of TiteBond III to make some planters.
They would almost certainly be continuously damp.
Now I don't know what to buy.

Resorcinol.

I know I should use it Charlie, but I really hate working with that stuff

and it
is expensive.
I'm going to use a TiteBond, I just don't know with one.g

Charlie Self