Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is it a Carport or Garage?

On 11/21/13 4:12 AM, wrote:

I've seen some on homes and trailers which are nothing but a few posts,
with a roof over the top. They are attached to the house or trailer
home. Thus, they only have one wall. That is what I would have called
a carport.

Personally, if I went that far, I'd just put some 2x4's on the rear and
long side and cover it with steel siding or another siding (pole barn
style). Just having a roof seems pretty worthless to me. Especially in
winter when all the snow blows in.

There would be some advantage to keeping the sun mostly off the
vehicle. Preventing hail damage would another.