Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Fridge freezer, freezer working, but fridge not

On 23/11/2013 19:01, misterroy wrote:
Hi I have a hotpoint fridge freezer, the freezer is working fine, but the fridge is not getting as cold as t should.
The freezer door was not shut properly last week. I closed it and thought nothing of it. The fridge started not getting cold.
Yesterday I checked the rubber drain thing at the bach, there was no gunk on it. Inside the freezer section there are what look like vents, they were frosted over. I used a hair dryer and the frost I could see melted quickly, 3-4 mins. I thought I had fixed it, but no the fridge section is still warm today.
It is a Hotpoint ff4dx uk.
ta

We have a different model Hotpoint.

If your works in a similar way to ours, then your problem is likely to
be simple. Ours cools the freezer compartment only, then uses a fan and
a motorised flap to circulate air from the freezer to the fridge and
back as required to keep the fridge at the correct temperature.

I have found through experience that if the door is left open, moisture
from the outside air freezes and blocks up the ducts and everything
stops working. The drain usually blocks as well, so the frost-free
heating cycle can't do anything.

Take all the food out of the freezer, remove the back panel from the
interior of the freezer and you can access the fan, sensors, etc. Then
use a hairdryer (or better still a steam wallpaper stripper with the
plate removed from the end of the hose) to defrost everything.

Put it back together, put the food back in and switch on. Problem solved.

SteveW