Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default metal band for project?

"cbodnar" wrote in message

I'm looking to make something similar to this:

http://www.uncommongoods.com/product...FepQOgodqikAEQ

The description says it's galvanized tin, and what looks
like copper screws. I'd like to do something similar in
either copper, tin, or brass. Any suggestion on where to
get this type of metal banding and screws? Doesn't have
to be exact, I'm open to some modificatinos. Just not
sure where to get this type of material.

McFeeleys sells both brass and (better) bronze screws.
http://www.mcfeelys.com

You could probably find sheet copper locally. For heavier copper or brass,
there are a number of on line places selling various shapes. Here is one...
http://www.onlinemetals.com/

Tin? No idea but Google probably does. I didn't know they galvanized tin,
don't think I ever saw such, can't think of a reason to do it but you could
buy zinc bar and use your kitchen stove to melt it.

--

dadiOH