Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for remote wall switch

On 11/24/2013 11:31 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 07:46:51 -0600, amdx wrote:

I'm looking for a switch almost like the one in the URL below.

http://tinyurl.com/n5luoq3

This one has two problems,
It is made for incandescent bulbs only,
I need one that will work with CFL's.
I also need one that works just like an ordinary
wired two way switch. I don't see if this does that or not.

I would prefer to have this style flip switch,
but could put up with swmbo until she gets used to a
different style.

How about this? The normal toggle style is available, too.

http://www.insteon.com/2477s-switchlinc-dual-band.html

I need to correct a couple errors I made. I want the new switch and
it's remote to work as a *THREE way switch, meaning, I can turn the
light on or off from the other switch no matter what position the first
is in. Also, I just recalled this this already is a three way circuit,
one switch is hidden behind the refrigerator.
In all my searches, one thing that never seems to be explained clearly,
will the switch work in a three way circuit? I have also seen that some
work with fluorescent lights, but CFL's are not listed. Made me realize,
ya, there's a difference.

After reading your link, I'm still undecided.

Thanks, Mikek

* previously I said Two way.