Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

wrote:

Likely jet engine parts but certainly not the galley cabinets.

I'm still wondering about even the jet engine parts. Maybe those parts that
are laser cut, but I just cannot imagine machined parts to those tolerances.
I could be wrong as I said in the beginning, but if I am, I'm suitably
impressed.

Perhaps if the shuttle couldn't alter its trajectory (but orbital
mechanics aren't known to that precision, anyway - three body
problem). However, it does (did) have engines intended to make such
corrections.

And my experience with guided missles - which is very significant, makes me
believe they do not attempt to make corrections to this degree, even with
the shuttle. Hell, a gust of wind during flight would screw those
tolerances up by orders of magnatude.

--

-Mike-