Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

On 11/24/2013 6:55 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, 23 November 2013 21:17:28 UTC, Leon wrote:

While we are bragging,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7630857421932/

And with the exception of a couple of older pieces I have built all of
these in the last three years and after I converted to Sketchup.
AFWIW all joint details were drawn in Sketchup.

Hi Leon,

What is this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7630857421932/

??

I assume it's something to do with sewing due to the cotton reel, but
my tiny mind can't imagine what the whole thing would be for (which isn't
a shock, really!)

Cheers.

That is a dedicated sewing machine that is know as a Long Arm Sewing
Machine. It's sole purpose is to attach the top, inner padded layer,
and bottom parts of a quilt together.

The three sections of the quilt pieces are rolled up on to the front two
poles then through the needle and foot of the machine then behind and up
the back bottom pole and would up on the back upper take up pole.

The machine rolls back and forth on the tracks, 11' wide, and it moves
forward approximately 12~14". With this X,Y movement the operator can
sew a freehand or laser guided pattern through all layers of the quilt
left to right or right to left 12~14 deep at a time. Once a pass is
made the sewn portion of the quilt is roll up on the upper back take up
real and a new row of sewing begins.