Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Fridge freezer, freezer working, but fridge not

"Tim+" wrote in message
misterroy wrote:
On Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:27:43 PM UTC, Tim+ wrote:
misterroy wrote:

Hi I have a hotpoint fridge freezer, the freezer is working fine, but
the

fridge is not getting as cold as t should.

The freezer door was not shut properly last week. I closed it and
thought

nothing of it. The fridge started not getting cold.

Yesterday I checked the rubber drain thing at the bach, there was no
gunk

on it. Inside the freezer section there are what look like vents, they

were frosted over. I used a hair dryer and the frost I could see melted

quickly, 3-4 mins. I thought I had fixed it, but no the fridge section
is still warm today.

It is a Hotpoint ff4dx uk.

ta

Common things being common, I'd hazard a guess that there's too much ice

formed in the freezer to allow the door to closed properly.

Try a thorough defrost.

Tim

It is a frost free freezer, do I switch it off open the doors and leave
it for how long?

Well if it's really frost free, that would be a bit of a waste of time.
Sounds like it's b*ggered. ;-)

I think you were correct first time:-) It's just the frost is not in the
freezer compartment.

--
Adam