Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Fridge freezer, freezer working, but fridge not

Its probably bunged up where it drains. Do not know the model, but my
Fridgemaster unbunged itself wahen it was rested for a couple of days.
However I do notice that its still slightly less efficient in the Fridge
than it used to be being upside down, ie its colder at the top than at the
bottom, so the milk and other perishables are now at the top and the other
stuff that tastes nice cool is on the bottom. I'm sur if I was industrius
enough to get it out from its alcove and take everying thing out and starve
for a few days and cleaned out th drain or evaporation plate, I'd get it
back to how it was.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Tim+" wrote in message
misterroy wrote:
On Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:27:43 PM UTC, Tim+ wrote:
misterroy wrote:

Hi I have a hotpoint fridge freezer, the freezer is working fine, but
the

fridge is not getting as cold as t should.

The freezer door was not shut properly last week. I closed it and
thought

nothing of it. The fridge started not getting cold.

Yesterday I checked the rubber drain thing at the bach, there was no
gunk

on it. Inside the freezer section there are what look like vents, they

were frosted over. I used a hair dryer and the frost I could see melted

quickly, 3-4 mins. I thought I had fixed it, but no the fridge section
is still warm today.

It is a Hotpoint ff4dx uk.

ta

Common things being common, I'd hazard a guess that there's too much ice

formed in the freezer to allow the door to closed properly.

Try a thorough defrost.

Tim

It is a frost free freezer, do I switch it off open the doors and leave
it for how long?

Well if it's really frost free, that would be a bit of a waste of time.
Sounds like it's b*ggered. ;-)

Tim