Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:47:12 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
The back of the cabinets have face frames also. The back face frames
however are assembled with lap joints that join with the rabbets on the
inside edges. The center back stiles are part of the back face frame
and it too has rabbets. The rabbets are 1/2" deep and 1/2" wide. The
back panels fit in to the rabbets from the back side.

No need to send me a Sketchup file, I understand perfectly. But, your
explanation leads me to a few more questions. Are the back face frames
for support, visualization, a combination of both or maybe something
else?

And, how are you fastening the back panels? If the back face frames
are 3/4" initially, removing a rabbet of 1/2" leaves only 1/4". I'm
guessing some type of glazier points or something similar?

Thanks.